Love All Serve All    Help Ever Hurt Never   Visit official website of Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust , Prasanthi Nilayam
What's New



Posted at 1800 hrs. IST on April 18, 2010

After nine days of North Indian visit, to Delhi and Shimla, Bhagawan returned to Prasanthi Nilayam this evening at 1616 hrs. IST to a religious devotional welcome. Bhagawan was received with Poornakumbham and Veda chanting by the students from the University along with thousands of devotees in the Sai Kulwant Hall.

The Kingfisher VT-KFK Airbus 320 carrying the Lord landed at the tarmac at Sri Sathya Sai Airport at 1559 after 140 minutes onflight journey between Delhi - Puttaparthi. Bhagawan received at the Airport by Secretary, Sri Sathya Sai Central Trust, Sri K. Chakravarthi and Airport Director, Capt. Sharma.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Enroute to Prasanthi, covering the three kilometer road stretch, it was celebration all over, with hundreds lined up at vantage points to have a glimpse of The Lord on His return journey. There were many a folded hand, there were flower showers with colourful petals strewn at the “Divine Chariot”, there were arathi offerings, there were coconut breakings and there were another hundreds silently glancing at Him, all in merriment of His return.

The joyous ride took almost fifteen minutes with Bhagawan reaching the precincts of Prasanthi Nilayam just after 1616 hrs. for a traditional welcome with Poornakumbham and Veda chanting. Heaps of flowers strewn on the windshield was reminiscent of the merriment of the occasion and behind the beauty of these flowers was hiding the beautiful charming Lord of Puttaparthi.

Upon entering the hall, Bhagawan came for a half round through the gents' side to ascend the verandah, to stop for a while at the lower portico outside the interview room receiving Arathi. Upon Arathi, Bhagawan retired to Yajur Mandiram at 1625 hrs.

Roads were yet again spruced up to welcome the Lord, with banners and flower decorations heralding the “Advent” of the Divine. Linking to Delhi news updates were pouring in hinting at the exact hour of Divine arrival. Entire Airport vicinity was spruced up to welcome the Divine and escort vehicles were set in position well in advance.

Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Earlier, back in Delhi, Bhagawan took off from Indira Gandhi International Airport at 1345. In the afternoon, Bhagawan left the Sri Sathya Sai International Centre at 12:20 heading towards the Indira Gandhi International Airport. Bhagawan was accompanied by his entourage of boys and senior officials including Mr. Jitendra Cheema, State President of Sri Sathya Sai Seva Organisations, Delhi.

In the morning, Bhagawan blessed the Sevadals who had been on duty throughout His stay in Delhi. Blessing them profusely, hearing State President's prayers to visit Delhi every year, Bhagawan replied in Hindi: Zaroor Aaoonga, meaning will definitely come. Before leaving, Bhagawan spent ten minutes amidst devotees blessing them profusely. Arathis were offered at Bhagawan's residence, then onstage and the final arathi just before departing, near the car. The Lord whose maganimity and love encompassed Delhi and its envirosn for seven full days has been given an emotional farewell at the Centre. As the wheels rolled over carrying The Mighty Lord, the "Farewell Song" was still heard, mellifluously rendering the air, and many souls were trying to cover up their emotion with those beauteous momentous moments filling the vacuum created with His departure.